Paige Lewis Events
Weekly Wedding Trend Alert: The Hot Cocoa Bar
With winter fast approaching, it is time to think of cute but practical ways to stay warm – we all know how cold it gets here in Toronto! As the wedding reception winds down and guests have nibbled on cake and other treats, why not let them indulge in a hot cocoa bar? Unlike tea or coffee, hot cocoa elicits a cheerful feeling that warms you from the inside out. They are also perfect for children and other guests who prefer non-caffeinated beverages. Similar to any other bar of buffet, make sure there are a variety of choices for your guests to customize their own!
A few of our favourite hot cocoa bar options you could include:
1. Toasted or candy-covered marshmallows
2. Crushed gingerbread to sprinkle over the top
3. Dipped spoons – feel free to get creative with options like salted caramel or peppermint white chocolate
4. An “alcohol infused” option – add a hint of flavor with Bailey’s, Crème de Mint, Kahlua or Amaretto
5. Swirl it all together with a cinnamon stick
6. Hot cocoa wedding favors are also a great idea!